Cannot renew NIS 2006 subscription

Was Southernboy 15:44 11 Jul 07

My sub is due in a few days. Having clicked on the "renew" button, I was first told

"The file may not be supported by AOL. AOL will try to open it as a text file if you choose to continue"

Having clicked OK I then got

"This file is too large to open using AOL. Please open this file using another application"

No alternatives were issued and when I click OK the message simply disappears and I am back to square one.

How on earth do I renew NIS. In a few days I will be without AV protection.

I know a lot of you don't like Norton, but please do not suggest I use something else - that is a load of hassle for someone continually in and out of hospital. All I need is to find out how I can renew. Regrettably, it seems no longer possible to Email Norton and their very small number of FAQs do not cover this problem.

I am on AOL dialup - we do not have a BT phone line.

robbiepaul79 15:59 11 Jul 07

try this

click here

uesquebeathus 16:39 11 Jul 07

downloading a file this size obviously is a long shot with dialup system,
this is the download web location for symantec products
click here

is there no one you know with broadband that can download and put it on a disk for you to install

uesquebeathus 16:42 11 Jul 07

this is the location which should allow you to get a disk sent out to you from them if yu have exactly the problems trying to download their products

click here

sunny staines 20:58 11 Jul 07

update to 2007 version it does not hog pc resources ike prev versions

Southernboy 15:49 12 Jul 07

I did as you suggested. When the 'chat' had downloaded, it told me to turn off AOL 9.0 before proceeding further. I did so and was returned to my desktop. Nothing seemed to be happening so, after a while I restarted and could find any reference to 'chat'.

What now, please?

Southernboy 15:50 12 Jul 07

I don't know anyone with a computer, let alone broadband. I am 72 and my neighbours are all of a similar age.

robbiepaul79 15:52 12 Jul 07
  robbiepaul79 15:52 12 Jul 07

opps ignore that sorry click on the 'click here to email us link'

Southernboy 18:16 12 Jul 07

When I bought NIS 2006, there was a load of hassle because I needed a special program to remove parts of NIS 2002. If I had not had the facility to Email for help, I would have been stuck. Why do they make software so darned complicated?

Are you sure that it is a case of simply uninstalling NIS 2006 (via Add/Remove programs) and installing NIS 2007? I imagine it is easier to install from a CD than a download.

Southernboy 18:30 12 Jul 07

Thanks. Have emailed them, but I find this all very confusing. I never had any problems renewing 2002 each year.

I know nothing of broadband, all I want is to use the internet for few hours each week. I am not an enthusiast.

I hope thay reply soon, I have only 5 days left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced