cannot renew ip address any help please

sunnystaines 08:30 22 Aug 09

pc is ok with internet but the laptop seems to have developed a clash between windows managing the wifi and intel

repair option comes up cannot renew ip address.
but also intel pop saying click troubleshooter for help.
we have windows managing wifi but looks like intel has stepped in too.

status shows connected but will not connect to the web pages, system restore failed, lynsky helpline is down too.

tried re start wzc service no luck their.

now lost

Terry Brown 08:54 22 Aug 09

Check the modem (and router -if you have one)to ensure that all lights are green.
On the router you should have 4 lights.
Power recieved
Switched on
data recieving
Data sending.

If you only have 2 lights, your router is either disconnected-check cable connections to modem /router or has failed.

See if you borrow a router off a friend to test.

Second

Press the Windows key & Break key together to get properties.Select Hardware. Select Device manager.

Check for any Yellow question marks, If any found, right click and select Uninstall ( they will re-install at the next boot with the correct settings.

This may cure the problem

Third- Try a new connection cable.
Terry

rdave13 08:55 22 Aug 09

I'll get this problem sometimes and rebooting my Netgear router cures it.

brundle 09:41 22 Aug 09

Disable wifi, plug into router with a cable - if you get a net connection, go to the manufacturer's website and get the latest wifi drivers. Unplug, uninstall wifi software, reboot, install new drivers. If you can download the drivers themselves without the Intel wifi management software do so.

sunnystaines 10:40 22 Aug 09

lynsky help line back up now, apparently a common problem with dell and sony laptops [not had it before in 3 years] the way intel software set up sometimes conflicts with windows but if you delete the intel software the drivers go too.
in adv settings there was a tab where the tick box had to be reticked for windows to manage and all ok [i.ve noted that down incase i get it again]

thank you for the offers of help, now at peace with our laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…