cannot remove from start up file or registry

bax 05:39 07 Feb 05

I deleted 3 programs using Add & remove in Control panel- Executive software's diskeeper, Trojan Hunter and Trojan Guard.

They keep reappearing in the start up file. I delete them from that file, delete all registry keys that I can find, but they keep coming back.

Any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of them forever as I really do not want them trying to start each time I start the computer?

Diodorus Siculus 07:33 07 Feb 05

click here
AdAware click here
SB click here
cws click here

Download, update and run some or all of the above.

Completealias 10:17 07 Feb 05

Clear out all your temporary files (temp and temperory internet) as well as something to do with the progs could be lurking in there

Gongoozler 10:31 07 Feb 05

Also turn off System Restore before removing the programs in case they are putting themselves back from there.

ACOLYTE 10:53 07 Feb 05

REinstall them and try removing them again,dont diable them in the startup file run the uninstaller should get rid of them,why you wont to get rid of diskeeper? its way better than the windows defrag.

CurlyWhirly 11:49 07 Feb 05

I too have DiskKeeper 9 and I agree, it is loads better than Windows defrag.
Worth every penny in my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…