//some 3rd party need geo

cannot remove from start up file or registry

bax 05:35 07 Feb 05

I deleted 3 programs using Add & remove in Control panel- Executive software's diskeeper, Trojan Hunter and Trojan Guard.

They keep reappearing in the start up file. I delete them from that file, delete all registry keys that I can find, but they keep coming back.

Any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of them forever as I really do not want them trying to start each time I start the computer?

Completealias 10:58 07 Feb 05

And another post tick this one as resloved and carry on here click here

ianeon 12:38 07 Feb 05

Try a programme called "startupmechanic" from click here it worked for me - its free

sattman 14:21 07 Feb 05

It appears that everyone replying to you is suggesting remedies to remove spyware or adware. unless I have misunderstood your request this is not what you are asking for. Unfortunately I do not have an answer on how to clean out your system configuration utility, but perhaps some one out thier has the answer. What version of windows are you using.

Jackcoms 15:22 07 Feb 05

Go to Start; Search and run separate searches for diskeeper, Trojan Hunter and Trojan Guard.

Delete all instances of every reference to those items which your searches find.

Then download and install click here
and click here
In CCleaner run 'Issues' and in RegSeeker run 'Clean the Registry'.

You can safely delete everything they both find. If you are of a nervous disposition they both allow you to back up your registry before deleting anything. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…