cannot remove icon

Nick-253246 23:37 26 Aug 05

The message says cannot delete because the file is too long or invalid please help me remove the icon

Gongoozler 07:35 27 Aug 05

If you're referring to a desktop shortcut, then try this. Right click on the icon and under the "General" tab make a note of the the location. Now in Windows Explorer navigate to that location and delete the file there. If file you have placed on the desktop you can do the same thing. In either case you should be able to delete directly fom the desktop, but a large file will be permanently deleted without the option to first put it into the recycle bin.

Gongoozler 07:45 27 Aug 05

Sorry - i's too early in the morning for the brain to work properly. That second sentence should have been "Right click on the icon, select Properties and under the "General" tab make a note of the the location."

VoG II 08:15 27 Aug 05

If that doesn't work Remove on Reboot click here

rawprawn 08:17 27 Aug 05

You seem to have two threads on the same subject, it would be better to close one of them so that we can all see what has been previously suggested. What is the Icon, and have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

VoG II 08:18 27 Aug 05

Oh, I see there's a duplicate click here

Try in Safe Mode click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…