Cannot record a videotape from VCR to my hard disk

Richard31 11:36 19 Jun 04

My PC has a Radeon All In Wonder 9800SE card with a breakout box for input of Composite or S-Video from VCR, Camcorder etc. I have a standalone VCR (not connected to aerial or TV) which I have connected to the breakout box via the AV1 In/Out Scart on the VCR. I am trying to record a videotape from the VCR to my hard disc but can get no response from the PC at all. I have simply put the videotape in the VCR and pressed play but nothing happens on the PC. Presumably the PC needs to be set up to recognise the VCR.

Can anybody help please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:42 19 Jun 04

You need to start your TV prog Pinnacle? before switching on. what priog do you have for recording?

Richard31 14:14 19 Jun 04

I've got Pinnacle Studio 9 software and also Serif Movie Plus but have only used these for recording footage from a video camera in AVI format. I tried using Movie Plus but couldn't seem to get a response.

SEASHANTY 15:32 19 Jun 04

Some scart leads are only wired for use one way.
Check that you are really outputting video and also that you are in fact inputting into the breakout box connections. The ATI All In Wonder should accept direct video input and the most likely cause is your
connecting cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…