cannot receive tiscali emails in Windows Live Mail

dangerusone 21:47 PM 12 Aug 12

I am trying to set a netbook up to receive emails in Windows Live Mail, I have no trouble with my Hotmail & Gmail but for some reason I can send but not receive from my Tiscali account. When I add a new email address it says that Live Mail is compatible with Hotmail,Gmail and many others. On my desktop PC I use Office Outlook for my emails with no problems

northumbria61 08:06 AM 13 Aug 12

I am not with Tiscali but check your settings for Incoming Mail - ie: Incoming Mail Server (Pop3) should be pop.tiscali.com (port 110)

northumbria61 08:09 AM 13 Aug 12

OR it is possibly pop.tiscali.co.uk

dangerusone 12:01 PM 13 Aug 12

I have downloaded Thunderbird and from what I have seen so far it looks OK. I have put my Hotmail and Tiscali addresses on and they seem fine. I tried setting the POP3 & smtp to no avail in Live mail,so gave it up as a bad job.

northumbria61 12:44 PM 13 Aug 12

There are settings here if you want to check with yours - enter link description here

shellship 17:09 PM 13 Aug 12

Funnily enough a friend of mine had similar problems recently with Tiscali/TalkTalk using Windows Mail on his Vista machine. We eventually downloaded Live Mail (suggested by Microsoft) and all his problems disappeared.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…