Cannot receive Hotmail emails through OE

webber_man 10:54 23 Oct 06

Up until late last night i was receiving emails sent to 3 Hotmail addresses that i set up through Outlook Express.

However this morning they don't work at all. I have been using these Hotmail accounts with OE for 5-6 years now. I am aware that no new Hotmail accounts can be used with OE unless you sign up to their premium service.

The only thing that i have done since last night was to install the latest version of Internet Explorer 7.

Does anyone know of any conflicts between Hotmail/OE/IE? Or of any other reasons why i cannot access my Hotmail accounts through OE?

Thanks.

john-232317 14:12 23 Oct 06

Do a system restore back to 6.

Like you I have been getting them for about 5 years So I will stay with 6. ;-)

anskyber 14:20 23 Oct 06

I have read of others with is problem and it was solved using this click here I do not use Hotmail so I cannot authenticate the solution.

anskyber 14:23 23 Oct 06

Also if that does not work by itself others have found that going into IE7 internet options and applying the default settings to everything has worked.

webber_man 15:31 23 Oct 06

Thanks for the replies.

Took your advice anskyber and went to the link you provided and it has worked.

Why Microsoft have to make things that cause these problems is beyond me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…