Cannot receive e-mail from a normal source

ex4thhussar 15:27 22 Jun 06

Hi anybody

An old friend who has sent me e-mails for years has just installed a new PC.
Using my usual e-mail address my friend cannot now reach me although I can send to her with no problem. Other mail reaches me with no problem.
I have a separate YAHOO e-mail address to which she is able to send mail but I would appreciate any answers to my problem.

Many thanks, in advance of a solution

Ron

wee eddie 15:55 22 Jun 06

that there is an error in her copy of your e-mail address. Maybe a letter out of place or some-such.

I know that this sounds rather basic, but sometimes one can't see the wood for the trees, perhaps suggest that she get a friend to check it for her.

Fellsider 15:58 22 Jun 06

Get her to reply to an e-mail that you have sent. This must be the correct e-mail as you have sent it to her.

bof:) 16:00 22 Jun 06

does your friend get a 'failed to send/arrive ' message at all?

ex4thhussar 16:14 22 Jun 06

Many thanks gents for your prompt messages.
The mystery is that she gets no "unable to deliver" and that she cannot use a straightforward reply to sender.
As "wee eddie" suggested the problem will probably turn out to be at her end and I will have to call and see to the problem there.
As I type, I think that I will phone her and tell her NOT to use the address book but simply key the e-mail address in directly.
My thanks to all of you
Ron

wee eddie 16:17 22 Jun 06

Tread carefully, folk can be very touchy if they think that they have not noticed an error of their own.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…