//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot read zip discs

carlos 14:58 20 Jan 03
  carlos 14:58 20 Jan 03

Hi, be v. grateful for any work-around: for some reason , one of my guys has been using their zip 100mb disc( PC format) on PCs and Macs, going between each several times. They now cannot read the discs on PC or Mac. Any way that the data can be easily retrieved??( data is not invaluable) Or is this a lost cause

pj123 15:05 20 Jan 03

I had the same problem with my zip drive and found that if you unplug the power supply lead and count to 10ish and then plug it back in again it worked. You might have to do it a couple of times. give it a try. Obviously I don't have a zip drive any more as CD rewriters are so much more economical - 650mb against 100mb and CDs are 30p to 40p against £9 for zip disks.

carlos 15:48 20 Jan 03

Tried with no success. Have taken zip disc to several other PCs( each with internal zip drive) and the disc won't open on any. I suppose its snaffued?
I agree with you re CDs, costs etc. We now have them as well. But zips are better for temporary storage/transportation of info, whoever........ replacing with memory sticks now.
Thanks again!

Diemmess 17:08 20 Jan 03

Before you despair have you tried IOMEGA's helpline? .......... It used to be an 0800 number in deepest Ireland. .....

I had a lot of trouble with a 1 Gig Jaz drive which they replaced three times and one Jaz disk as well. All at no charge to me.

I eventually discovered it was a SCSI termination problem and no fault of theirs at all.

carlos 09:25 21 Jan 03

will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…