cannot read Nero backup file.

Mick54 10:49 05 Feb 08

Just had pc rebuilt it is Pentium p4 running at 2.4Ghz,sp2,80gb HDD. I did a back up on old pc with Nero in Nov 2007, version 6 I think. I found a file on a disc that I had in Excel that had a list of my fishing tackle on it. If I click on this file and tell it to open with Nero Express that I have now it says it is not a valid win 32 program. It is saved as an xls file. What am I doing wrong, any help appreciated Ta Mick.

xania 11:03 05 Feb 08

I don't understand why you would want to open a spreadsheet using Nero Express - you need to use Excel or similar.

Mick54 17:28 05 Feb 08

Hello xania, I am not sure what is happening and I thought the Nero program might have something to do with it. I put in the dvd back up disk, click on explore and continue to navigate until I get to a file that says FISHIN~1.xls. If I left click Iget an error window and it says file FISHIN.xls.nco is not a valid win 32 application. If I right click and open it with excel it does open up in excel but it is all gobbldygook ( nonsence). I thought nero may have compressed it in a way that excel could not understand it and it needed to be open by nero again. Trouble is that it does not work. Hope this explains my prob. Ta Mick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…