Cannot read DVD-RAM discs on my Computer

mpc21 19:59 16 Feb 04

I have recorded TV program onto DVD-Ram disc on Panasonic DVD Recorder. I want to read into my Computer and the copy onto DVD-R disc with other programs. When I put DVD-RAM disc into either Sony DVD writer on Philips CD writer I cannot read disc.

Is there a program I need or are these writers unable to read DVD-RAM discs?

jimv7 20:04 16 Feb 04

You have to get a DVD ram drive as its not compatable with other formats of dvd.

mpc21 19:22 17 Feb 04

I thought Sony writter was multi-type, ie DVD+ & DVD-? I assumed also DVD-RAM: Was I wrong?

mosfet 20:45 17 Feb 04

I think sony is dual not multi...

tafoody 20:48 17 Feb 04

if you have nero, open programs\nero\nero info tool, to see what formats are supported in read and write,

i have a sony 'dual-format' and it doesn't read DVD-RAM, agree that maybe your confused with 'multi-format'

mpc21 19:09 19 Feb 04

Thanks to you both

kinger 20:59 19 Feb 04

DVD RAM, to use on your DVD player (panasonic), is formatted differently than the format you need on your PC.

When you first insert a DVD RAM into your PC it asks what you'll be using it for...PC or TV.

After you select, it'll format it to suit that use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…