Cannot play music

The Dazza 22:55 22 Jul 05

Just built my own machine and when I try to play a music cd in my dvd writer drive get for media player "cannot play back the audio strean: no audio hardware is available, or the hardware is not responding". When I try Nero showtime (that came bundled with DVD drive get "unable to play back audio. No sound device was detected on your system". I have onboard sound, whats up?

joethebow 23:16 22 Jul 05

Probably you havn't loaded the sound drivers from the CDROM that came with the motherboard.

Also make sure you have an audio cable connected between the CDROM drive and the sound header on the motherboard.

The Dazza 23:33 22 Jul 05

You're spot on. After I posted my thread I clicked on details & it said I didn't have a sound card or it wasn't installed. I realised when I looked in the mobo manual and it told me about the sound card driver being on the support cd. Didn't need any help in the end! However thanks again as your remedy was the same. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…