//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot open specific folder,

L818 15:33 20 Oct 04

I run XP pro with SP2. Everything works well except one of my drives (f)on the HD has a few folders.All of them work fine except one??When i try to open it,it opens for a few seconds,then either stops responding or crashes back to desktop???

Diemmess 15:51 20 Oct 04

But.... This might be a time to close all background stuff and run scandisk and defrag in that order.

L818 16:55 20 Oct 04

I have tried the scan and defrag but still the same, the other folders open ok just the one that does not??

Diemmess 17:28 20 Oct 04

Sorry. The old rules apply somewhere that Windows will not allow usual things if a path or reference is corrupt.

Is there a file checker - XP version of SFC?

VoG II 17:31 20 Oct 04

Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked for your Windows CD.

L818 17:50 20 Oct 04

I have been 'playing' with computers for 8 years now and i have tried your suggestions.Scannow picks up nothing or doesn't fix the problem.I have five folders in this drive, four open without problem the other opens and either freezes or crashes back to desktop. Thanks for all your input though.Good to see someone thinking!!

canard 20:15 20 Oct 04

Try R click folder and consult properties in case it has turned itself into a mastodon.

L818 23:50 20 Oct 04

Yes I have tried right clicking, just shows as a normal read file!!!

L818 23:53 20 Oct 04

I have evn right clicked and tried to copy folder to another location, but again cannot access it, still crashes back to desktop??? does that help any guru's out there??

L818 23:54 20 Oct 04

it is not what's in the folder, but in the opening of that folder??? Why??? come on guys and gals, someone must have a solution!!!

L818 23:56 20 Oct 04

Must be something somewhere and one of you must know the answer, buy you a beer???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…