cannot open a new folder

pete-290318 21:44 29 Jul 04

I had this problem a few weeks ago where the option in the file menu to open a new folder dissappeared as did the option to open a new folder by using the right mouse button.

I reinstalled windows ME and everything was ok but I now find that the option has again dissappeared.

All I can think of that has changed is that I have downloaded the latest graphics drivers from the nvidia site and installed them and of course my antivirus definitions will have updated automatically.

Has anybody any idea how to recover this option or where to start looking to find out why this has happened.

faintly curious 22:14 29 Jul 04

Just a suggestion Pete, but would it not be simpler and quicker just to click (or double-click) on the folder to open it?

pete-290318 00:09 30 Jul 04

youve got the wrong meaning of open ..

I mean the option to create a new folder either on the desktop or in an already open folder either by the file menu or by using the right mouse button.

as well as the folder option there is usually options to open documents or files in any applications that you have on your pc. these are missing as well

thanks for your reply

pete-290318 11:17 30 Jul 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…