cannot open internet explorer

jesta 19:01 07 Sep 04

hi,i am having trouble opening internet explorer as every time i click on it,it says 'Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' it has started after my little sister restarted the pc incorrectly and made the file corrupt and now i have no clue how to fix it/anyone know why?

VoG II 19:11 07 Sep 04

Try a repair click here

rawprawn 19:12 07 Sep 04

Windows XP, Windows XP SP1, and Windows XP SP2: Reinstall or repair Windows XP
To repair or reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP, complete the following procedure while you are logged on as an administrator:
Use the System File Checker tool to scan all of the protected files on your computer:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type sfc /scannow, and then click OK.

jesta 22:06 07 Sep 04

is there a way to repair internet explorer 6 without using a windows xp cd rom as i have misplaced it somewhere when i moved house

VoG II 22:17 07 Sep 04

No. Borrow one, any XP CD will do.

THE TERMINATOR 22:55 07 Sep 04

click here re-install IE....TT

jesta 23:18 07 Sep 04

so do i need to download the older version of explorer and then upgrade it if i do not want to pay for explorer 6?

canard 12:15 08 Sep 04

I THINK that IE6 is install only from the internet- adding itself onto previous IE. As far as I know there is no other way of getting it. IE5s are usually on any ISP installation disc. Have a look at yours by inserting disc and opening Windows Explorer and clicking your drive D [or whatever is your cdrom drive letter]. This will show you the entire contents of your ISP installation disc and you should be able to select IE5, install it and then upgrade it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…