Cannot Open Files in XP

Justabitbaffled 12:07 26 Jun 03

After saving files to My Documents (also My Pictures)I am then unable to open or delete or move these files.

Message displayed by machine is Cannot Delete/ access file XXX Access is denied. Make sure disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use.

Files effected are jpegs and bitmaps saved by Photoshop.

If I save to the server I have no problem re-opening these files.

The disk is certianly not full and I havnt got the files open, and so far as I can tell (through properties of the file)the files arn't write protected.

I have "administrators rights" so should be able to access anything.

Help!

Is this XP Pro's fault or is it Photoshop?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

justabitbaffled

JoeC 12:26 26 Jun 03

right click on one of the files and select properties. If it says " Read only " take the tick out of that then try and delete.

Justabitbaffled 12:30 26 Jun 03

Tried this several times (even tried changing file to read only); this wasnt permitted either!

Any other suggestions?

JoeC 12:45 26 Jun 03

said that this occurs due to one of your recently accessed programmes still using / trying to use the files so reboot and try again. Also, have a look here for Freeview, which might assist.

click here

Gaz 25 13:12 26 Jun 03

Check your file permissions.

Justabitbaffled 14:42 26 Jun 03

Sorry to come over a bit dumb but how do I check file permissions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…