Cannot open e-mail attachments directly.

buckland 19:16 09 Aug 09

My OE6 incoming e-mail with JPEG attachments will not open when I click on "open" in the Box which comes up. Neither does the "Mail Attachment" Box come uip asking if I want to open the file. However if when the small "open" Box comes up I click "Save As" I can save the attachment to file. Then if I click on "Open With" and choose "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" the the attachment opens up O.K. I am using XP. Can anyone explain how to rectify this as Having to file an attachment to see what is in it is a bit laborious. Many thanks. Buckland.

VoG II 19:21 09 Aug 09

Try repairing the file association for JPEG files click here

Sea Urchin 19:22 09 Aug 09

Go one step further - instead of immediately selecting Pic and Fax Viewer select Choose Program at the bottom of the list. Then select Pic and Fax, but also tick the box against Always Use the Selected Program to Open this type of File. Click OK

buckland 15:48 10 Aug 09

Many thanks to VoG and Sea Urchin. In fact I went ahead with Sea Urchin's advice and it worked immediately with total success. Being technically hopeless I am now feeling very proud of myself and have placed £40 into my Piggy Bank having taken it out of my recent 25 pence per week pension increase (£13 per year) for reaching the age of 80. The £40 of course being the potential call-out charge for repairs which you have kindly saved. Very many thanks again and best wishes. Buckland.

Sea Urchin 17:13 12 Aug 09

Delighted to hear we could help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…