Cannot open certain email attachments

Garden nome 11:20 05 Feb 09

When I receive an email with an attachment and try to open it, I receive a dialogue box with the following information. "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel". Can someone please explain what I need to do? I will be grateful for any advice offered.
Garden nome.

anskyber 11:21 05 Feb 09

Which OS are you on, XP or Vista?

Garden nome 11:25 05 Feb 09

Sorry, I should have put this information in. I am running Windows XP.
Garden nome

anskyber 11:29 05 Feb 09

Try this click here

Garden nome 13:32 05 Feb 09

Hi Anskyber.
Tried that link and am still having the same problem. Thanks for your interest.
Garden nome

T I M B O 13:34 05 Feb 09

if the file is a .exe, some isp's are blocking them.

Technotiger 13:38 05 Feb 09

What type of files? What prefix - like .pps .doc .txt .jpg .bmp etc .......

Garden nome 13:55 05 Feb 09

Hi Technotiger/Timbo,
The emails I am refering to are normal emails with a movie attachment. (These are movie jokes by the way and nothing sinster) Just thought I would highlight that, in case you thought it was something else !!!! Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Garden Nome

DieSse 13:59 05 Feb 09

Yes - but we need to know what movie format, otherwise it's difficult to suggest what program you need. The extension is what's needed - the bit of the filename after the dot.

Garden nome 17:06 05 Feb 09

Hi DieSse.
The extension after the dot is .wps. I have Windows Media Player 11 and Nero 7 installed on my PC. Hope this helps and thanks for your interest.
Garden nome

DieSse 18:10 05 Feb 09

click here

What .wps files are.

They're not movies - I think you better ask the sendee what they're trying to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…