Cannot open attachments

Glen 19:43 17 Mar 03

I need help with my Email attachments. I can only open JPG and Word attachments. Those in PDF, Txt, Dat, EXE and Works (.wps) will not open. If I click File/Open the email message comes up with the following banner note across the top - "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail, (title) .pdf or (title) .txt
I have deleted all message rules except one which directs all items designated by SPAMPAL to a new folder called SPAMPAL. I have also disabled Spampal. I still can not open those attachments. I have OE 6. What can I do now? Also why are JPG attachments treated difereently, and always appear below the message?
Glen

kuhbler 19:48 17 Mar 03

To get sort it :

Tool, Options, Security, take the tick out of the box that starts "Do Not Allow Attachment..."

VoG™ 19:49 17 Mar 03

Tools/Options/Security tab, take the tick out of "Remove potentially unsafe..." or similar.

Make sure you have up to date anti virus.

Giggle n' Bits 19:50 17 Mar 03

place where you know you have saved it to then open the say Adobe Acrobat reader v5+ for PDF files and .wps save the file in a as a new word processor document like MS Word or wht word Processor in MS Works/Works Suite.

If you could please tell us which Windows you have and what software you have e.g. MS Works v.?, Works Suite 2??? or MS Office we will be able to help you more.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…