Cannot open attachment in OE....

thospot 18:55 04 Nov 05

I have recieved an attachment (JPeg.2) 322KB which I cannot open. I get a message...'This file does not have a programme associated with it for performing this action..Create an association in Folder Options Control Panel'. I have looked at these options but cannot understand... Could someone please help.. Thank you....

VoG II 19:04 04 Nov 05

If you have Windows XP then click here will do this for you.

thospot 19:24 04 Nov 05

Thanks VoG for your reply. I downloaded imgeditor.zip and tried to follow the instructions but it didn't work. I must have done something wrong as usual....

PaulB2005 20:05 04 Nov 05

Is JPeg.2 the name of the file?

Rename it to 2.jpg. Then try and open it.

thospot 20:22 04 Nov 05

Sorry for the delay.. jpeg.2 is in the attach column of OE. Is that the name of the file?. I will try to change the name but how do I do that?
Thanks for your interest....

VoG II 21:13 04 Nov 05

Save the attachment to your hard drive. Then right click on the file and select rename.

thospot 21:38 04 Nov 05

I have tried saving the attachment to my hard drive but it doesnt change the name of the file in OE. It says 'The command failed to execute'.

Splork 21:55 04 Nov 05

Go to Control Panel/Folder Options,click the View tab uncheck `Hide Extensions for known file types`

VoG II 21:57 04 Nov 05

No, sorry. You cannot change the name of the attachment in OE. You need to save it to your hard drive. Then find the saved file in Windows Explorer, right click it and select Rename. Then double-click on the renamed file to open it.

By the way, I assume that you were expecting this file. It seems odd to have been sent a wrongly named file.

thospot 22:22 04 Nov 05

Thanks for your replies.
I will try what you say and let you know.
It is a file from my daughter showing pics of my granddaughter

thospot 22:35 04 Nov 05

I have tried both your suggestions but to no avail. In Windows Explorer I get a message saying,' Windows cannot access specified device, path , or file... You may not have the appropriate permission to access item'..
Thanks for trying...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…