Cannot open attachment

kingussie 14:50 PM 08 Jun 11

this file does not have a program associated with it

birdface 15:00 PM 08 Jun 11

I get a few like that as well it is usually jokes from my Niece so I just delete the ones that do not open.

So may get a few tips from your post.Using W7/64Bit but almost sure I used to get the same problem using XP.

chub_tor 15:00 PM 08 Jun 11

If you know the file extension then you can set up an association. How you do this varies with your Operating System. It is different for XP and Vist/Win 7.

johndrew 15:03 PM 08 Jun 11

Probably the suffix (.doc or similar) has been removed. If it is from a known source and you know what it is supposed to be then use the 'Open with ..' function (right click the attachment and select - after saving from the e-mail?). The other option is to ask the sender.

If you don't know where it's from be cautious; it may be nasty.

kingussie 15:05 PM 08 Jun 11

It is from my Accountant and is a valid document OPS windows xp

kingussie 15:20 PM 08 Jun 11

Thanks all ....solved...It was a PDF file so I downloaded Foxit Reader and that opened it. Incidentally I already had Foxit but for some reason it did not open it so I removed it and down loaded again and that did it.

birdface 15:40 PM 08 Jun 11

Looks like I will have to do the same with my Foxit Reader as well.Thanks for letting me know what the problem was.

johndrew 15:40 PM 08 Jun 11

If it's a .ops file have you considered this? link text

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…