Cannot open any programmes

Sillo100 23:44 09 Jan 08

I am using Win XP and when I click on any programme to open it I get a message saying it is not a valid win32 application. Programmes that are already open are unaffected. I can also open files and folders. Another strange thing I have just found is that I cannot open VLC Player programme but if I click on preview a file it opens and previews it. I immediately thought virus but a full scan found nothing. This has only started happening this evening. Anybody any ideas? Thanks.

woodchip 23:47 09 Jan 08

Run System Restore to the Last Date that it made a Restore Point

Sillo100 23:56 09 Jan 08

Thanks for that. I just tried and got the message not a valid windows application

brundle 00:45 10 Jan 08

Restore .exe association; click here

Sillo100 07:04 10 Jan 08

Hi brundle Thanks for the info Im halfway through but I have to go to work know. I will let you know what happens.

Sillo100 11:48 13 Jan 08

Hi Brundle I tried it and it appeared to have worked but when I restarted I couldnt do anything with programmes. I ended up reinstalling XP which hasnt worked out to bad as it got rid of all the rubbish and everything is working a lot faster know. Thanks for trying.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…