cannot open access files from another networked pc

dobbin 08:49 07 Sep 07

I have created a a Microsoft Access database on one computer and now wish to access this from another networked computer in the same office. However I get the error message ' cannot open the file... it is located outside your intranet or is an untrusted site'. The original file is not locked and enabled for sharing so how can I make it become a trusted site so that I can open it?

brundle 10:48 07 Sep 07

Using NetBIOS? Or Win 2k/XP/2K3 and TCP/IP for networking?

dobbin 11:26 07 Sep 07

its a wireless network so I think it is TCP/IP

dobbin 12:56 07 Sep 07

your blinding me with science now! Operating system is Win xp. There are only three computers on the network all win xp and they are connected wirelessly via a 'BT 2Wire router'.

dobbin 13:55 07 Sep 07

Thanks for the link Beta. Read it, can't say I understood it all but it got me fiddling. Now solved it by going to internet options, security, local intranet, sites and then unchecked the box that said 'automatically detect intranet network', and checked all the other boxes and I can now access the Access file. Not sure why but it works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…