cannot open

kirriejim 22:01 18 Jun 04

hiwhen i try to open disk in d/drive message says cannot openwhen i check properties thers nothing there same disk in e/drive opens okay can you help thanks jc

THE TERMINATOR 22:34 18 Jun 04

sounds like you have a program trying to or accessing the D drive, making it unaccessable to you, you might look for this....TT

kirriejim 10:00 19 Jun 04

hi tt thanks for reply can you tell me the procedure to check it jc

THE TERMINATOR 12:14 19 Jun 04

I am taking it, that the D & E drives are cd-rom or dvd drives?

kirriejim 19:14 20 Jun 04

hi tt just back from few days in glasgow,
both are as you say thanks jc

THE TERMINATOR 00:36 21 Jun 04

Is this a cd-rom disk or audio disk, and are you connected to the web at the time the disk won't open....TT

THE TERMINATOR 00:38 21 Jun 04

Is the disk a recordable one?

kirriejim 18:12 21 Jun 04

hi tt the drive concerned is a dvd rom i have tried a dvd movie+audio both okay butit wont open my other cds ie software+midis disks disks are cdrs im not on net thanks jc

Dorsai 18:52 21 Jun 04

I have heard somwhere that DVD combo dirve's (IE DVD+CD+CD-RW) can have problems reading from copy protected plain old cd's. It is for this reason that i have a DVD combo drive and a straight foward CD-Rom drive...A good example is that my copy of Norton firewall will not install from my DVD drive, while Norton system works will. I think it's just an 'undocumented feature' a they say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…