Cannot move or drag IE Links Bar

Nosmas 10:51 27 Jul 05

I have only recently started to use XP (after W98) having upgraded my whole system with a new MBO and WD 80GB HDD. I installed a dual-boot (XP and W98) and got it working, but then after some 'tinkering' with Partition Magic and Boot Magic I was unable to boot into XP. I then installed another copy of XP on a new partition and it is basically all OK.

I now want to add some links to the IE Links Bar and to have that bar permanently visible below the Address Bar, but am unable to move or drag it to a new position. At present my IE window has the Menu Bar at the top and the Tool Bar below it. Below that is the Address Bar with the 'Go' button to the right. To the right of that is the word 'Links' and two chevrons '>>'. Hovering the mouse pointer over 'Links' does nothing, but hovering over the chevrons makes them appear to be a button. Clicking on the chevrons produces a drop-down menu with 5 pre-installed links, but I have been unable to move or drag the bar to a new position under the Address Bar. Any suggestions for resolving this problem will be greatly welcomed.

VoG II 12:58 27 Jul 05

Right click the toolbars, click on Lock the Toolbars to remove the tick. You should now be able to move them.

Nosmas 13:56 27 Jul 05

Many thanks indeed. Once again you have come to my rescue! I hadn't realised that the toolbars also had a 'lock' facility. I had tried unlocking the Taskbar but of course that hadn't allowed me to move the Links Bar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…