Cannot Login To Windows XP

ejacka 05:03 25 Feb 07

I installed Windows XP, without setting a login password. For a while I could boot into Windows without having to login, then out of the blue, the login splash screen appeared & I had to click on the Admin icon to login, also when coming out of screensaver mode I had to login again. I right clicked MyComputer, went into Admin & disabled the Administrator login, I no longer had to login from screensaver so assumed everything was OK. Now when I boot-up the PC (even in safe mode), I cannot login to Windows because the Administrator login icon is no longer there. How can I get back in? I don't want to repair install as I have no way to back up data. I got to the Recovery Console on Win XP installation CD. Which command gets me back to Windows desktop? I am writing this message from a Linux live CD.

SLAYER 05:33 25 Feb 07

Try this.
click here

A repair install should'nt affect your data.

Somthing else to look at.
click here

click here

ejacka 05:59 25 Feb 07

Yes I know it shouldn't but bad things happen & I don't want to risk screwing up & losing my data. I had a look at the command definitions & you need to know how to use them ie. Registry editing.

SLAYER 06:14 25 Feb 07

You could remove your hdd,slave it to another pc and copy your data across,then reinstall windows and copy it back.

For future reference. Backup! backup! backup! your data.

moorie- 06:28 25 Feb 07

fr info

moorie- 06:29 25 Feb 07

soory meant click here

moorie- 08:09 25 Feb 07

click here
you need your xp cd and licence key

ejacka 23:25 25 Feb 07

Following advice from pcguide.com forum, I typed Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the Welcome screen, to get an NT style login box with Administrator in the user field. I didn't set a password during installation so I don't have one. I tried leaving the fields blank but that didn't work, all I need now is a password.

bennyhillslovechild 23:42 25 Feb 07

ejacka - seems you were on the right track with the ctrl-alt-delete thing, you may have to do it, restart and do it again - full details a couple of posts down on this thread.click here

bennyhillslovechild 23:44 25 Feb 07

sorry, I missed out do it again when starting as "safe mode with command prompt"

ejacka 06:55 16 Mar 07

System got so screwed, I gave up & re-installed Windows from scratch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac