Cannot load a particular site in Firefox

hawthorn59 03:37 05 Dec 07

OK this is driving me mental....I cannot (most of the time) load this site

click here

in Firefox. OK I can load the first page but when I go further it hangs 95% of the time. Maybe 30 mins later the page will load. But its fien in IE7.

So I uninstalled Firefox and downloaded and installed the latest version and it was ok for a day or two but now back to square one!

Yet it will load on my friends pc in Firefox. So it must be something on my machine.

I ran Adaware, SuperAntispyware and Avast, andA2 and just a few cookies which I removed.

Im going mad! Help!

h

pac73 05:37 05 Dec 07

Ok here on Firefox 11.

birdface 07:31 05 Dec 07

This from PCA.Make sure you have the latest version.click here

Stuartli 11:08 05 Dec 07

I use Firefox (yes, it's the latest version!) and your link downloaded in about half-a-second.

You need to check your Security and Privacy settings in Firefox.

Technotiger 11:24 05 Dec 07

Ditto Stuartli

hawthorn59 01:40 06 Dec 07

Ive downloaded the latest version but it makes no difference. What should I check in security and provacy? I cant recognize anything that might be amiss.

h

hawthorn59 01:46 06 Dec 07

OK i went into some Firefox settings and cleared all cookies and at the moment the page loads. I dont get it. Why do the cookies only affect that site.

Also I scanned with adaware only last night and found and removed 99 cookies. There seemed to be another ton of them in Firefox there now. Should my software not prevent them? Or have i to run them every day?

I have Avast, Adaware, A2, Comodo, Spyware Blaster, Superantispyware

h

Kemistri 02:17 06 Dec 07

If you don't want so many cookies, clear the check mark on the Privacy tab and make use of the whitelist.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…