Cannot Load Adobe Photoshop Elements. Help, please

LAP 19:24 23 Aug 04

Adobe Photoshop Elements. This I believed came with an old printer, but is an excellent program.

I use this software on win xp pro no problems.

This will not load onto my wifes win xp. Disc drive reads the disc, the Adode page appears/next/choose language then the install page appears, but it will not go any further. I have opened up the Adobe Photoshop Elements folders and attempted to run 'setup' on everything and anything. I have disabled virus and firewall, still no good.

Have spoken to Evesham help line who stated that sometimes the 'Windows Installer' has not been installed correctly and suggested loading the Support Folder from the recovery disc and opening the file mscicuu.exe which relates to the 'Windows Installer CleanUp Utility'. Have done this. No good. Anyone any ideas? Please.

^wave^ 19:47 23 Aug 04

you may have a faulty cd drive or try cleaning the cd its self

LAP 20:48 23 Aug 04

^wave^ thank you, I will try that and come back tomorrow evening.

rpb40 21:09 23 Aug 04

I don't suppose your wife's computer is running service pack 2 already is it? I only ask because I hear that PS Elements and SP2 don't get on.

€dstowe 21:09 23 Aug 04

Some software is device specific i.e. if it came with a printer, it will only work if that printer is installed (although that is more common with Nero and CD/DVD burners).

Can you install the old printer software first and see if you can get any further with the PSE installation that way?

LAP 18:18 24 Aug 04

^wave^, I cleaned disc & drive, no good.

rpb40, System not updated with SP2

€dstowe, I cannot even load the original print software on!

I've been back onto Evesham today. They suggested a 'sfc /scannow' this did not show any faults. Next a system restore. No good. There next suggestion is use the recovery disc and start from scratch. I not to keen on that idea, I'll wait awhile and see what happens with this thread. Thank you for your suggestions so far. Every little helps.

LAP 20:37 25 Aug 04

^bump^

LAP 19:20 26 Aug 04

the last ^bump^ then I will have to start from scratch, gulp!

britto 19:25 26 Aug 04

you could try installing from safe mode

LAP 19:32 26 Aug 04

Thanks britto, when the replacement recovery disc arrives (the wife lost it) honest! I will attempt your suggestion.

britto 19:50 26 Aug 04

I should have said try installing Photoshop Elements whith your computer in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009