Cannot install Zone Alarm Firewall

Bas2001 11:00 23 May 06

Hi. I've just tried installing ZoneAlarm free firewall and it hangs at "C:\program files\zone labs\zonealarm\repair\vsruledb.dll". I've tried twice and same both times. I have disabled my Norton firewall during install (registration expired, don't have install CD so reluctant to uninstall in case Zone Alarm problems). Got some weird problems after I ran Ashampoo Uninstaller on Zone Alarm: Task Manager was hanging, page not found in I.E etc Rebooted and seems better but Norton, now re-enabled, has blocked MSN xxx LSAS xxx OVERxxx (sorry, didn't note it at time)and problems with I.E still: page not found.
Should I uninstall Norton completely and try again? I use AVG anti-virus, XP SP1.

remind 11:03 23 May 06

Remove norton completely, just disabling it won't work. Clear temp folders before reinstall click here

Stuartli 11:06 23 May 06

I would get rid of Norton first (it may take some time to get rid of some parts of it).

Delete your current ZA copy and download the latest version of ZA Free again (with Norton still Enabled!), disconnect from your ISP and then dispose of Norton.

You should, hopefully, then be able to install ZA properly. Choose Clean Install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…