Cannot install Win XP updates

Legolas 10:10 05 Aug 04

Win XP updates are automatically downloaded onto my computer but recently when I try to install them I get a message saying that the update I am trying to install has not passed the wondows logo certificate and will not be installed. Anyone anyidea of the problem here.

helmetshine 10:48 05 Aug 04

I had that a while ago...you could try this...start...all progs...cntrl panel....perf & main....admin tools.....services....scroll down and check that cryptographic services is running...if not set it to automatic....mine was ok after that

Legolas 13:26 05 Aug 04

Excellent helmetshine that appears to have solved the problem. Many thanks.

PHIL-194342 22:01 08 Aug 04

I have teh same problem + crypto services are running : any other suggestions ?

helmetshine 01:49 09 Aug 04

LEEDS PHIL

Sorry i don't...as far as i'm aware it's the cryptograhic service that checks the downloads from windows update....so if thats running i've got no idea....just a point....as this thread has been ticked as resolved it might be better if you made a new thread in the helproom with the problem......might be someone who can help

PHIL-194342 17:57 10 Aug 04

OK - thanks. will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…