Cannot install Win XP updates

Legolas 10:10 05 Aug 04

Win XP updates are automatically downloaded onto my computer but recently when I try to install them I get a message saying that the update I am trying to install has not passed the wondows logo certificate and will not be installed. Anyone anyidea of the problem here.

helmetshine 10:48 05 Aug 04

I had that a while ago...you could try this...start...all progs...cntrl panel....perf & main....admin tools.....services....scroll down and check that cryptographic services is running...if not set it to automatic....mine was ok after that

Legolas 13:26 05 Aug 04

Excellent helmetshine that appears to have solved the problem. Many thanks.

PHIL-194342 22:01 08 Aug 04

I have teh same problem + crypto services are running : any other suggestions ?

helmetshine 01:49 09 Aug 04

LEEDS PHIL

Sorry i don't...as far as i'm aware it's the cryptograhic service that checks the downloads from windows update....so if thats running i've got no idea....just a point....as this thread has been ticked as resolved it might be better if you made a new thread in the helproom with the problem......might be someone who can help

PHIL-194342 17:57 10 Aug 04

OK - thanks. will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…