Cannot install usb devices.

vin 20:19 15 May 09

Hi there,

Can anyone help me please. I am having problems istalling drivers for new flash drive and MP3 players etc.

When i plug device in usb ports, The item is fount but the driver wizard fails to install the built in drivers. The usb devices work on other PC's without problems. The other thing I have found is that there is no option to the driver from the web in the driver installer wizard.
I can use a SD Micro and M2 cards in a usb adaptors through the usb ports and my usb printer.
It seem like the usb device driver is prohibiting the instalation of new devices.
I have checked for viruses using Malwarebytes and MC Afee.
I am using XP home edition with sp3.
The front and back usb are affected.

Please help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:45 15 May 09

Refresh USB Ports
Use Drive clean up to remove USB device drive info from the registry
click here
or
In device manager Uninstall EVERYTHING under the heading USB,
reboot the PC let XP find and install new hardware.
Your equipment should now be recognised.

vin 07:55 16 May 09

Hi, there Fruit Bat,

I tried the tips but now my usb keyboar and mouse does not work.
The usb receiver is found in hard ware but the windows installer wizzard is not installing it. This seems to be the problem. It appers that the installer is not working properly.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:26 16 May 09

Start - Run -type
services.msc
press ok

scroll down to Windows Installer - right click - start up type box set to automatic - click start - click OK

retry to install a device.

vin 12:42 16 May 09

Fruit Bat,
I've tried this but the installer starts but it always comes up with'Cannot install the hardware because could not find the software'
The flash drive has a built in software and the keyboard is plug and play.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…