Cannot install these 3 updates

frenchman96 12:04 04 Sep 07

I have tried all ways to install

KB 933360-937143-936021 BUT STILL CANT DO IT.

i HAVE GOOGLED"CANNOT INSTALL" ETC AND LOADS OF TIPS WHICH CONFUSE MORE.

Any ideas please

VoG II 12:09 04 Sep 07
  frenchman96 13:31 04 Sep 07

Hi Vog

IE said it could not download ????

frenchman96 13:35 04 Sep 07

VOG

back again, I did a copy/paste and used Firefox instead and it allowed my, after saying that, I opened it to a black screen like CMD command, c/o enter as told, what now??

Try updates I suppose.

birdface 14:30 04 Sep 07

If Vog's solution does not work you can try this one. click here it has also helped others with the same problem.Now Its a long time since I used it.But I think there will be a yellow arrow at the bottom you click on that and then press scan or go, Something like that.worth a try.

frenchman96 15:03 04 Sep 07

Buteman/Vog

Tried those 2 suggestions to no avail, and BTW, I could not download eith using IE, I had to use FF, any reason???

The second one was all "ticked up" so I just did c/o run but failed again.

I find it quite weird that M/S want us to update (as I have for years) but all of a sudden, I am stuck with these 3 plus I have the ossibility of making it worse by d/loading more progs to help it.

Thanks guys

birdface 16:05 04 Sep 07

This has worked for someone else. Worth a try,Start. All programs.Accessories. System Tools.Scroll down to Internet Explorer Add-Ons and turn it off,Then try Downloading the Up-Dates again.Also try any other program that you have not been able to connect to and see if they work.

birdface 16:12 04 Sep 07

Remember you will need to make Internet Explorer as your Default Web Browser or downloads will not work.

birdface 16:13 04 Sep 07

I should have said or Up-dates will not be downloaded.

frenchman96 18:30 04 Sep 07

buteman

IE is not in system tools, do you mean>>>

IE/tools/internet options/programs/there I have option to tick "IE should check to see if it is the default browser" and there is a box for "check add ons" ??????

frenchman96 18:46 04 Sep 07

I have just put tick in "IE should check etc" but I have not been asked when booting up if I want it to be default????

I have also just tried a custom install doing 1 but no good.

I use IE6 BTW, but I see the update is for IE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…