//some 3rd party need geo

Cannot install San Andreas for some reason

Cam123 11:09 03 Sep 05

when i come to install gta san andreas it starts to install and gets around 3/4 of the way through before it says
FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
component: models
FIle: D:\data3.cab
Error: Data error (crylic redundancy check)

my pc is AMD 2.2 Ghz 3500+
1024 mb ram with a nvidia gefore 6600 gt with the latest drivers installed.

what does this mean and how can i fix it to install the game.

Terry Brown 11:16 03 Sep 05

It sounds very much like you have a fault with the CD. Can you open the CD to read the files ?.If so go to TOOLS ,FOLDER OPTIONS , VEIW ans select the options to veiw hidden & System files. Create a folder on your Hard Drive and copy the files to that.If you get a sucessful copy, try loading it from the application.If this fails to copy or you cannot copy it, contact your supplier for a replacement CD.

Don't forget to reset the folder options after

Jackcoms 14:50 03 Sep 05

Sounds like you have a San Andreas fault.

Think about it ........

Cam123 19:13 03 Sep 05

this is wierd , when i try to copy the foder direct x from the cd it says it says data error again (crylic redundancy check) so i take it this is the fault , and that it is a fault on the disk?

Forum Editor 19:18 03 Sep 05

Someone had to say it.

djbenny 19:44 03 Sep 05

i get the error sometimes when copying files from a cd so i make it an ISO images and then get the files off that way, check the cd drive is clean and the cd is clean/no scratches and try again?

Zaphod Beeblebrox 21:46 03 Sep 05

yup gave up with san Andreas prefer quake these days

Any Way Cyclic redundancy

This can be caused by bad or corrupt data on cd/dvd
a faulty cd/dvd drive

1st off try installing using a different drive if you have one or can borrow one if it is still throwing up errors then you should take the game back and get a replacement

Cam123 22:35 03 Sep 05

it still wont work , ill take the disk back and get a new one

theDarkness 02:42 04 Sep 05

yup- if you have a good dvd/cd drive then that error will usually comes up with a badly burnt disc. You either have a faulty disc (before taking it back to the shop, try it on someone elses pc) or a badly copied bootlegged version of the game. This may not install the second disc completely, and stop with that same error messsage. I've checked out many gta games forums, there seems to be plenty of those doing the rounds.

I'll stick to the ps2 version anyway - controls are much better, and configuring a playstation control pad to work on my pc with gta is almost too awkward for words :( PC version on a good system does look a little nicer though :)

Good luck , hope u get a replacement :)

Cam123 22:08 04 Sep 05

thanks for all the help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…