cannot install printer "Spools not loaded" ?

tufnut 17:20 06 Jun 05

I have installed the same Epson C44 in my working partition "G", ok, but when I try to install on "C", I get the above message.

Would someone please help?

Win XP Home SP2.

howard60 21:07 06 Jun 05

try starting in safe mode and installing again. Before you reboot into safe mode uninstall the failed software using add/remove progs in control panel.

tufnut 09:25 07 Jun 05

Thanks for the advice Howard.
I will give it a try and let you know the result.

Note: Before I installed SP2 for windows XP Home Ed. I had no trouble installing my then, Lexmark printer, (I have been usind the Epson C44 since then as the cartridges are a lot cheaper).

Brgds, tufnut

iambeavis 12:13 07 Jun 05

Check in the services tab that the "Print Spooler" service is started.

tufnut 13:38 07 Jun 05

Many thanks to both of you for you very kind help,but I was just about to try what you had suggested,when after firing up I noticed the printer Icon on the tools bar,so I did a "Print Test Page" and found that the printer is now working.
Lord knows what happend as I tried over and over again yesterday...Plus taking various actions like dragging the spools folder from another workable partition/drive,(Iam using HyperOS).

I will now try again on "J" partition as well because I had exactly the same problem there.

If I have no succes there I will still try both your suggestions.

Thanks all the same for your help...It's nice to know we have guy's like yourselves around to help.

All the very best, John

howard60 16:25 11 Jun 05

as a thought try the price of cartridges for your lexmark from ijtdirect I get mine from them and they are very good and reasonable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…