Cannot install .NET Framework v2.0

edenworkshops 15:51 04 Oct 10

Hello

I should explain things briefly.

I was having problems with my new copy of Xsitepro, a web building software.

A suggestion in their knowledge base said that if different versions of .NET Framework were installed then conflicts could arise that would give the problem I was experiencing.

I had 3 different versions installed, so I uninstalled them all and downlaoded a new copy of .NET Framework V2.0

But when I try to run the .exe I get a window saying "Set up exe has encountered a problem and has to close"

Interestingly the problem I was having with Xsitepro also involved an error window which said much the same thing.

Confused?

I am, thank you.

Richard

Corrupt download? try uninstalling and re-downloading.

edenworkshops 16:05 04 Oct 10

Hello

I did try that, but the same problem occured.

Richard

Clapton is God 16:25 04 Oct 10

"I had 3 different versions installed, so I uninstalled them all and downlaoded a new copy of .NET Framework V2.0".

Notwithstanding what Xsitepro say in their "knowledge base" ideally you need ALL versions of .net framework installed as different software will require different versions to run properly.

And that includes the recently released version 4.

edenworkshops 17:23 04 Oct 10

I tried to re-install .NET Framnework from V1.0 intending to re-install them all.

But with V1.0 as with V.2.0 I get an error window
saying set up has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Thank you so much for your input.

Richard

sunnystaines 18:01 04 Oct 10

unistall with framework clean up tool

click here

then do a fresh download and install

edenworkshops 19:44 04 Oct 10

Thanks, I tried it but it didnt work.

Getting worried now :(

Richard

edenworkshops 19:55 04 Oct 10

Soprry, just rebooted and managed to install the NET Framework exe with no problem.

Problem solved.

Thank you all.

Richard

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…