Cannot install Ms Office(error 2203) PLEASE HELP!!

toucan28 00:25 11 Mar 08

I am currently trying to install Ms Office Home onto my Vista Home Premium laptop and I keep getting an Error 2203. I have searched the net for solutions, but to be honest i dont really understand many of the responses i have found. The software has installed perfectly onto my wifes laptop(its a 3 licence copy of Office) which also runs Vista Home Premium so i am at a complete loss as to why it wont install on my system.I have re-installed Vista previous to attempting this using the Toshiba recovery disk that came with my computer. Any help would be very much appreciated as this is driving me crazy!! Thanks in advance.

brundle 00:29 11 Mar 08

From click here

"I had the same problem.
I solved it by copying all the files on the cd to my hard drive.
I then right clicked on the setup file and clicked on properties.
I then unchecked read-only (obviously on a disc u are not able to do that,
hence why i copied it on to my hard drive)
I re ran the installation and it installed correctly, no problem at all."

The other solution is more involved, post back if no luck

toucan28 00:59 11 Mar 08

It worked!!!! Thank you so much, you're a legend, I owe you a drink!! Just out of interest(for my own sanity) have you any idea why this occurs as it seems to be quite common? Once again, thanks :o)

iscanut2 09:34 11 Mar 08

I presume you have had a look at Microsoft's answer and solution ?
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…