cannot install internet explorer 6

Fullofhope 19:11 22 Jul 03

Somehow i lost my version 5.5 so I tried to install IE6 from a CD, of which i have several. It gets to about 70% then stops. I've tried disabling Norton antivirus and tried shutting down just about everything that's memory resident. I've tried a different CD, I've tried downloading the individual files to my HD first, but absolutely everything just gives the same failed result.
Furthermore i can't re-install IE5 either, it just tells me a higher version is already installed (!).
Can anyone please help?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:34 22 Jul 03

When you get to the custom', 'typical' section choose custom and select all the options EXCEPT media player and languages.

G

Fullofhope 09:45 23 Jul 03

I've been doing that all along, and it doesn't help unfortunately.
In case it is relevant, I had no trouble at all downloading and installing netscape 6.2 and 7.1
So what am i doing wrong?
In addition, before each attempt, I erase every trace of IE that I can find by searching on windows explorer.

williamtell 10:12 23 Jul 03

Go to click here this will erase all traces of ie. Dont forget to first download ie6setup.exe if you want to reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…