cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present...

timhenning 13 Jun 13
Answered

hello,

i wanted to link a pc to my notebook. i know its possible but the ethernet driver isn't installed on the pc... i downloaded a driver but i have the message "cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present in this computer"

its a pc with windows xp home model 945GZM-S2 bios award modular bios v6.00PG processor intel core 2CPU 4300 @1.80GHZ

can annyone tell me what driver i have to download for it? i can't connect to internet at the moment so i have to download it with my laptop and transfer it with an external hard disk.

hope U can help me with it but I know from experience that you can. greets and thanks for taking the time...

It sounds like you've tried to install an Intel Ethernet driver - but your Ethernet hardware is from another manufacturer. If you can identify your motherboard, you may be able to find out who the manufacturer is. Realtek is a common manufacturer of Ethernet interfaces for motherboards. (The model number you quote is, I think, the Intel chipset.)

timhenning 13 Jun 13

system manufacturer is Gigabyte technology Co., Ltd. that's what i can fiend if i run dxdiag...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13 Jun 13
Answer

Try running Belarc Advisor (if you can without an online connection. Not sure if it's an .exe file that you could copy on to a disk and then run on the target machine). With any luck, that'll reveal the actual model number of the Gigabyte motherboard...

Hold on. I think I may have found your motherboard. If you go here, you should be able to download the drivers for it.

Damn your eyes, Fruit Bat /\0/... :-)

timhenning 13 Jun 13

thanks a lot, i knew i could find a solution in this forum... i allways come here if i have a question... i know my english is not 100% but belgium forums are not good. thanks for helping me out. greets and have a nice day

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message