cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present...

timhenning 19:34 PM 13 Jun 13
Answered

hello,

i wanted to link a pc to my notebook. i know its possible but the ethernet driver isn't installed on the pc... i downloaded a driver but i have the message "cannot install drivers. no intel(R) adapters are present in this computer"

its a pc with windows xp home model 945GZM-S2 bios award modular bios v6.00PG processor intel core 2CPU 4300 @1.80GHZ

can annyone tell me what driver i have to download for it? i can't connect to internet at the moment so i have to download it with my laptop and transfer it with an external hard disk.

hope U can help me with it but I know from experience that you can. greets and thanks for taking the time...

Ian in Northampton 19:43 PM 13 Jun 13

It sounds like you've tried to install an Intel Ethernet driver - but your Ethernet hardware is from another manufacturer. If you can identify your motherboard, you may be able to find out who the manufacturer is. Realtek is a common manufacturer of Ethernet interfaces for motherboards. (The model number you quote is, I think, the Intel chipset.)

timhenning 19:48 PM 13 Jun 13

system manufacturer is Gigabyte technology Co., Ltd. that's what i can fiend if i run dxdiag...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:24 PM 13 Jun 13
  Ian in Northampton 20:27 PM 13 Jun 13
Answer

Try running Belarc Advisor (if you can without an online connection. Not sure if it's an .exe file that you could copy on to a disk and then run on the target machine). With any luck, that'll reveal the actual model number of the Gigabyte motherboard...

Hold on. I think I may have found your motherboard. If you go here, you should be able to download the drivers for it.

Ian in Northampton 20:30 PM 13 Jun 13

Damn your eyes, Fruit Bat /\0/... :-)

timhenning 20:36 PM 13 Jun 13

thanks a lot, i knew i could find a solution in this forum... i allways come here if i have a question... i know my english is not 100% but belgium forums are not good. thanks for helping me out. greets and have a nice day

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay