Cannot install cd software

dugit 14:32 19 Apr 07

What seems to be a very simple and silly question, I have tried everything I know to install a cd "Data Suite" without any success on my computer yet it installs perfectly ok on my wifes computer, both computers are exactly the same models Packard Bell with windows XP.
Any suggestions please?

skidzy 14:37 19 Apr 07

Is this software liecensed to one computer only ?

Totally-braindead 15:35 19 Apr 07

Is your CD rom working? IE have you tried reading another disk using it?

dugit 18:24 19 Apr 07

1. cd software is not licensed to one computer.
2. Have installed Nero today.
Any further help would be appreciated.

dugit 07:46 21 Apr 07

Forgot to mention on screen comes up "detecting USB's driver version" but nothing happens?

mocha 09:09 21 Apr 07

Go to 'Control Panel' 'System' 'Hardware' 'Device Manager' and check that the USB controllers doesn't have a yellow exclamation mark against it.

dugit 10:55 21 Apr 07

Yes on Device Manager it shows "RS232CC to USB adaptor" and has a yellow exclamation mark ! as you say.What does that mean please?

dugit 12:22 21 Apr 07

Also have now checked on my wifes computer and the device manager does not have a yellow exclamation mark, which is probably what you expected.

mocha 12:44 21 Apr 07

You have a problem with the USB controller, this is usually a driver problem and may just need your motherboard cd to re-install the USB drivers. Also you could try rollback driver to an earlier time. Right click usb host controller 'Properties' 'Rollback'.

mocha 12:49 21 Apr 07

If it's a USB adapter that has been fitted to your computer at a later date. Use the software that came with the adapter.

dugit 13:21 21 Apr 07

No adapters fitted.
Have had another look where you suggested on device manager. After looking at one or two things after right clicking as you suggested, I then clicked "scan for hardware changes" and then found yellow exclamation mark was replaced by yellow circle, but I still cannot install software ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5