Cannot Install!

BROXBURN 09:31 AM 20 Jul 11

After developing a virus after downloading a video driver, I cannot install anything it will go so far and then flag up "Windows Installer not correctly installed" I got rid of the virus by downloading the Avast anti virus (not sure how it managed to install that) but anything else just goes so far and then has to be aborted.!!!

Les28 09:51 AM 20 Jul 11

You don't say what operating system, perhaps bottom of page here

link text

BROXBURN 10:11 AM 20 Jul 11

Sorry XP home edition.

birdface 10:47 AM 20 Jul 11

maybe install version 4.5 worked for me when I was using XP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942288

birdface 10:59 AM 20 Jul 11

I would give Malwarebytes a run first just to make sure there are no further problems on your computer.

Avast is Ok but you also need a good Anti-Malware program.

BROXBURN 11:23 AM 20 Jul 11

I use Malwarebytes all the time. I downloaded 4.5 installer...still no difference...??

woodchip 11:43 AM 20 Jul 11

have you tried copying the CD to the desktop, then run the program from the copy in safe mode. You'll need to look at the setup program to run it

BROXBURN 12:13 PM 20 Jul 11

Copying what CD?

woodchip 12:26 PM 20 Jul 11

the program or if its not a cd and you downloaded it try running it in safe mode. reason i said cd is cd cannot be seen in safe mode drivers are not loaded for it

BROXBURN 16:45 PM 20 Jul 11

Tried that....still not working. I wonder if it is because I'm not using windows explorer and it is windows installer i am trying to install. I'm using a 3 dongle and it uses it,s own browser.....so pc is getting confused..... like me!

birdface 16:54 PM 20 Jul 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…