cannot install

Muergo 10:11 14 Oct 09

Something has changed on my system that stops me running downloaded programs.
Downloads are completed then I normally click to install, but now screen just says "Do you want to save this program" no other option.
After saving it still won't run, just asks to save it again and so I end up with another copy but still not installed.
I have tried installing the Windows installer again, but hit the same problem.

So now have several programs downloaded but not installed. no option to Run.

All the latest 13 updates automatically installed after downloading this morning.

Muergo 09:30 15 Oct 09

Is there no-one out there that can explain why Firefox only gives me the option to save files after downloading instead of the screen I used to get asking either save or run, so cannot run.
After saving the file won't install, just wants to save again and again.

Need this to enact the advice I was given about retreiving lost OE messages, they are there somewhere,

birdface 09:57 15 Oct 09

Maybe try the free version of this until someone can help.

click here

Muergo 11:03 15 Oct 09

My PC is squeaky clean, running Malwarebyes, ASC ,Panda suite, Super anti Spy etc, nothing gets past into my pc, on analysis by an attacking program it said I was invisible.

It's the Invisible man, tell him I can't see him !!

birdface 11:07 15 Oct 09

Or maybe try this.

click here

Do you have this version installed.I believe this is the latest version.

Muergo 09:13 16 Oct 09

Something basic is going wrong with the Firefox system, I have still got the application showing in the sidebar already downloaded.
Previously I just double clicked and the file would install.

Now I get a screen saying would I like to save the file, no option to run it, then when saving I end up with a duplicate added to the list of downloads on the sidebar, same happens if it switches to "library".

Latest installer is in place.

birdface 10:20 16 Oct 09

Maybe try downloading it to my documents or something like that and see if you can install it from there.In Tools.Options.Main. It gives you the opertunity to download them to anywhere that you want. I get all of mine to download to my Documents so that I know where to find them.Maybe try it with 1 of them and see if it works from there.
Although I have Firefox downloaded I very seldom use it so maybe someone else will be able to give you the information that you need.

lotvic 12:25 16 Oct 09

Firefox > Tools > Options, Main tab, Downloads and make your choice
I'm not sure what you would choose so that you can install from the Download popup window.
I always save them to my 'Downloads' folder and then install from Start > Run > and browse to the setup.
This does have the advantage that the programs I have installed are always there in case I ever need to reinstall them at a later date, and of course I can Virus Scan them to make sure they are clean before I install.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now