cannot get windows up an running

Bodice 19:31 04 Jul 06

For some reason i looked at the pc and it said windows has to shut down disk error. Since shutting it down I cannot get into windows, the furthest I get to is the start up page where you can press F1 or F10 then it goes black and it says files are corrupted, ive tried to do a recovery but it wont let me it says files are missing, ive put the cd rom in and tried to do format and it says: -
Invalid System Disk or
Disk I/O error
Press a key to restart
nothing seems to happen.

SANTOS7 19:33 04 Jul 06

click here
this may help,good luck..

SANTOS7 19:37 04 Jul 06

click here
as well

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 04 Jul 06

Ok you have a corrupt hard drive and the sysytem files are missing.

Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order. (probably F1)

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

Bodice 20:07 04 Jul 06

when I put the cd rom in i get
Non-System disk or disk error
Press any key to contiue.

then when you press a key it says
Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

Bodice 20:08 04 Jul 06

none of the things advised works as i cannot get to the start menu

Bodice 20:36 04 Jul 06

Ive just gone throught the recovery and it runs then it gets to copying partition and then it says it cannot continue recovery and when I click ok it restarts and says
No operating system installed or partition corrupted
Press 'R' to perform a full system recovery.
again

Bodice 08:51 05 Jul 06

Helpppppp

www.int2one.com 12:08 05 Jul 06

usually at times like this i would remove the partition via using the windows instalation cd and then recreate it - once this is done then follow the usually format and install windows procedure

after this is the problem still persists then i would start lookin at a hardware fault e.g faulty hard drive ect

Bodice 12:20 05 Jul 06

Thanks for all your help guys but I think its a hardware fault, after trying some things I unplugged evey thing held down th power button for 20 seconds and rebooted and nothing had changed except it has begun to make a funny noise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now