Cannot get rid of Orange IE page, help please

bof:) 20:37 22 Nov 06

Hi all, brother-in-law gone over to NTL from Wanadoo/Orange. How do you get rid of the Orange homepage coming up when you start IE6?

I've been through the registery and deleted everything with Wanadoo/Orange in it but still the Orange homepage comes up.

Cannot change via tools/options in IE6

Thankyou,

Mike

VoG II 20:44 22 Nov 06

What happens when you try to change it in Tools > Internet Options?

greenlamp 20:45 22 Nov 06

Open IE bring up the page you want as HOME. Select "Tools" from the IE menus bar, select internet options from the dropdown menu, select the general tab and select "use current" in the home page box at the top.

skidzy 21:13 22 Nov 06

Hi Bof,hope your well mate.

Ok,if your brother-in-law has Spybot Search and destroy on his system..try this.

Open Spybot/Select Mode and Advanced/Bottom left of the page select Tools/Select Browser Pages/Double click the current home page you wish to change,you will be given a box to retype the new address in.

Hope it helps.

bof:) 22:53 22 Nov 06

Hi all,

VoG™, if I delete 'click here' and put in 'click here' , click apply and ok the page goes back to orange.co.uk homepage

greenlamp, tried this, it goes back to the orange website page.

skidzy, I'm fine mate how are you?

I've tried what you suggested and was given the option to change the website, this I did. I then got a message saying a value had been altered...save old or new one, I selected new one, but the Orange homepage come up again when I opened IE.

I'm just waiting for SUPERantivirus to finish scanning then I'll reboot the pc.

Thankyou everyone for your help its realy appreciated,

Mike

johnnyrocker 22:55 22 Nov 06

you did click apply before closing options?

johnny.

bof:) 23:04 22 Nov 06

yes I did johnnyrocker, but I'll try again just incase

bof:) 23:23 22 Nov 06

nope didnt work, I did'nt get the notification of a change taking place either.

I do seem to recall that altering a homepage was something to do with resetting/deleting a value/ name in the registery, but I was unable to find the posting.

I've deleted all the references to Orange and Wanadoo I could find using regedit and find.

Mike

bof:) 23:26 22 Nov 06

Thank you all for the help, off home now....goodnight to you all :-)

any other ideas please?

Mike

Stuartli 23:30 22 Nov 06

Normally you have the wanted home page on screen before selecting Current Page as your home page, otherwise it reverts to the original choice.

bof:) 14:13 23 Nov 06

Hi Stuartli, do you mean when you open IE or are you refering to Spybot S & d ?

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…