cannot get rid browser hijack

rsturbo 13:02 25 Feb 15
Answered

i have 2 windows 7 computers, both have three browsers ie chrome opera. everytime i go to a website searched or input to address bar the website appears but if i click on link inside website a second window appears with an advertisement (various websites various subjects). i have tried the following scans in full and safe mode. antivirus malwarebytes hitmanpro i have also cleared all cache and reset all browsers.

any ideas would be appreciated

rsturbo 18:41 25 Feb 15

update:

81 views but no answers - is it that bad?? :( have tried online scan too and still no result

john bunyan 18:58 25 Feb 15

I would try downloading , and run (scan) with ADWCleaner. Accept its defaults.

Bleeping Computer

rdave13 00:19 26 Feb 15

Could be a rootkit. Try ADW Cleaner as recommended, it would be my last resort, as it can create problems, but does a good cleaning job.

If that fails then TDSSKiller will look for rootkits that are difficult to remove.

lotvic 00:38 26 Feb 15

Sounds like a redirect virus, try the measures on click here Browser Redirect virus (Removal Guide)

Secret-Squirrel 08:58 26 Feb 15

"i have 2 windows 7 computers,.............."

If they both started behaving the same way at the same time then perhaps your router has been compromised. One way to test for this is to ask a friend or neighbour to pop round with their laptop and see if they get the same problem when connected to your network.

rsturbo 12:48 26 Feb 15

thanks for the posts i will try and then get back with results.

rsturbo 14:44 26 Feb 15

ok what would i do if my router is compromised

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:46 26 Feb 15
Answer

reset it to default and re enter your connection details for you isp.

rsturbo 19:17 10 Mar 15

yes it was router been hacked! reset router and updated firmware thanks

Secret-Squirrel 08:47 11 Mar 15

".........reset router and updated firmware..."

If the default router-access password is something like "admin" or "password" then you need to change that too to prevent the same thing happening again. Just as importantly, when you next access the router with the new password, don't tick the box to remember the log-on details.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…