Cannot get new TV card working.

Ray5776 14:06 16 May 09

Hello everyone,
I have recently installed a TV card but cannot get it to work no matter what I have tried.

Printed out the user manual before starting as a reference.

The hardware PCI card and drivers have been installed and show as OK in Device Manager.

Win PVR is the application which shows in programs list but when I click on it I get an error message "Fail to initialize etc"

Tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail also tried different PCI slot.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Ray

Stuartli 14:11 16 May 09

Silly question first. You have provided the TV card with a good strength aerial signal?

Ray5776 14:19 16 May 09

Yes I have a good aerial but I cannot access the card to start the tuning in the first place.
This is my problem but I can understand why you asked.

Ray

Ray5776 14:27 16 May 09

It says in the manual that DirectX 9.0 must be installed. This comes on the CD and says that it has installed when I run it. How do I check that it actually is installed.

Stuartli 14:43 16 May 09

Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information>Tools tab>DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

T0SH 14:43 16 May 09

Start Run type dxdiag then click ok and wait a mo

Cheers HC

Ray5776 14:55 16 May 09

Thanks, yes it is there. Trying to eliminate things logically.

Ray

Ray5776 16:12 16 May 09

bump

OTT_Buzzard 16:17 16 May 09

What TV tuner did you get?

kidsis 16:20 16 May 09

when this happened to me I went to the manufacturer's website, downloaded the latest driver software, uninstalled the software I downloaded from the cd, then installed the newly downloaded software. The only complication I see with this is that you said DirectX 9 came on the cd and I accept you don't want to lose this. But it does sound as if there is a problem with what was on the cd (did you get any error messages?)

Ray5776 16:29 16 May 09

OTT_Buzzard

Amazingly it does not show a manufacturers name
on the otherwise impressive box but looking at the
card it is Philips SAA713x. That is the chipset anyway.

Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…