Cannot get into BIOS!

Teddee 21:23 20 Oct 08

I'm (was)running vista (x64). I used Paragon Partion Manager to change the size of the partitions of the HD and it went into a reboot cycle, not booting the OS.

I had installed Acronis True Image 2009, but on the partition which, upon trying wouldn't restore because of this.

I then formated the C drive with Acronis with the intention of re-installing with the Vista disk but upon booting from the cd drive (press any key.....) it throws me to a screen requesting me to insert a floppy into the A: Drive which doesn't exist!

Now I cannot boot to anything. It loads the video card on boot then defaults to asking for floppy. Cannot get into BIOS!.

woodchip 21:33 20 Oct 08

Boot floppy's click here

skidzy 21:35 20 Oct 08

Not sure if this will work,but you maybe able to rebuild the partition with Testdisk but since you have formatted c:/ i think its highly unlikely click here

I think i would go about formatting the hdd using Dban or Killdisk click here and click here
Reset the bios by removing the cmos battery for a few minutes or use the motherboard jumpers and then try to reinstall Vista.
Hope you have the mobo drivers and utilities disc.

woodchip 21:37 20 Oct 08

Hi skidzy

skidzy 21:39 20 Oct 08

Hiya Woody
Hope you ok my friend.A few pics over the other side if your about.

woodchip 21:42 20 Oct 08

Yes just had a look. Good pictures. Just got back from Daughters about four doors from me. been for late diner

MAT ALAN 21:43 20 Oct 08

Boot.ini file is corrupt, as my learned friends suggest, clearing the BIOS should resolve your issue

If it don't SMACK it wiv a big AMMER....

Teddee 22:20 20 Oct 08

Cleared CMOS. Now reloading Vista.

Thanks for the posts guys......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5