Cannot get Active Sync to window to open

The Moog 14:07 18 Dec 05

I have recently bought the XDA Exec which comes bundled with Microsoft Active Sync 4.0. When I connect the device with my desktop PC, Active Sync starts up as it should do and runs through the synchronisation as it should. The only problem is - I cannot get the Active Sync window to open. The program shows on my taskbar, but the maximise and restore right click options are disabled. Also, the icon is present in my notifications tray where I can right click to explore. I have tried re-installing the program and while I am presented with the Active Sync window on the first time of running it, this option is denied to me thereafter (!?!?!)

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get round this?

I am running Windows XP Home, SP2 with Windows Mobile 5.0 on the device.

Klof Ron 15:09 18 Dec 05

There is an update to v4.1 click here, although personally I had no end of problems with v4.0 & 4.1 and went back to v3.8, which is downloadable from the same link above (scroll down) might be worth a try.

The Moog 15:41 18 Dec 05

.....and that has done the trick.... thank you Klof Ron :-)

Version 3.8 does not even recognise my device but 4.1 seems just fine! Thank you again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…