Cannot format CDRW

rawprawn 16:27 11 Dec 04

I have just bought some new discs and I am getting this message when I try to format usindg Nero InCD "Error writing the disc in E: Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not damaged" They format on my friends machine, I have had no problem before. Any ideas please.
PS I have also tried using Pinnacle with the same result.

woodchip 16:36 11 Dec 04

Not compatible with your Drive. Try different media

rawprawn 16:46 11 Dec 04

Can you explain please.

rawprawn 08:41 12 Dec 04

I still have not solved the problem, in fact if I get my friend to format a cd for me it then is showing full and read only, if I try to erase It says Non Allocable space write protected. I really am stuck.

Gongoozler 09:50 12 Dec 04

InCD along with all other packet writing software is notoriously unreliable and unpredictable in it's behaviour click here

rawprawn 12:32 12 Dec 04

Thanks for that but I am still struggling, it really just says they are all unreliable, but it was working no problems about 1 month ago when I last useed it. I have installed and tried Pinnacle on my machine but with similar results in other words No Way can I format or erase. In E: properties in "Drive Supports" I get MRW Read Yes, MRW Write No. DRT_DM NO. I assume that MRW Write means it hasn't been formatted. I am at a total loss and would be grateful of any suggestions.

Gongoozler 12:44 12 Dec 04

Just in the hope that it gives us a clue, what version of Windows are you using, what cd-rw drive and do you have more than one type of cd writing software installed?

Dorsai 12:59 12 Dec 04

Does the drive work fine in all respects, apart from with these new disks?

If it operates perfectly well with other disks, then i would say what woodchip said. Your drive cant use the new disks. Dont buy that make again, and give them to your friend, who's machine can use them.

I bought a spidle of Packard Bell CD-R and not one would write properly, but JVC disks work fine, as do Imation.

rawprawn 13:04 12 Dec 04

Windows XP Home SP2 Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-308B. Device manager shows it working properly. I Have Nero 6.6.03 (just Updated but I have tried rolling back to before the update with no better luck ) I have just installed Pinnacle Instant CD to see if that would work but it has the same problem. I have even used system restore to go as far back as it will go with no luck.

rawprawn 14:36 12 Dec 04

The ones I bought yesterday were Phillips, I have been and got some TDK today, with no difference. I have some Packard Bell which I am using at the moment which I formatted a while ago and they are fine and I can write to CDR with no problem. It is just CDRW that are the problem and I am unable to understand why which is bugging me.

Gongoozler 15:56 12 Dec 04

I did a search for "Please confirm that the disc is compatible with the drive and is not damaged" and below are just some of the discussions on the topic. I don't think any of them came up with a conclusive answer, but there is an update to InCD 4.3.0.5 click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…