Cannot find Wireless Router

Bane73 19:35 PM 16 Feb 11

I have a Samsung R530 Windows 7 laptop. Previously i have been able to connect through my Sky D-link router. A couple of days ago this stopped and the wireless SSD is no longer displaying in the list. There are plenty of BT wireless routers about me as they are displayed but I cannot find my own.
I have restarted the router and the laptop. I have deleted the automatic connection and cleared the Winstock and TCP/IP stack. I even started the wired autoConfig and WLAN autoconfig. I have also updated the drivers.

I am now at a loss...can anyone help as my daughter is now cramping my style and camped out in the same rom as me because she has to connect with a wire.

mgmcc 19:40 PM 16 Feb 11

Is the router definitely still set to broadcast its SSID?

Bane73 19:44 PM 16 Feb 11

Yes. Thanks for the reply. The Wii can still connect. it just seems to be the laptop

mgmcc 20:01 PM 16 Feb 11

Despite the router broadcasting its SSID, try this:

Go into the "Network & Sharing Center" and click the link at the left to "Manage wireless networks". Highlight and then right click your network and select Properties.

In the Connection tab, make sure the box is ticked for "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name(SSID)".

Bane73 20:05 PM 16 Feb 11

tried that before as well. trouble is i have now deleted the wireless network in the manage wireless networks lol
Any other ideas?

mgmcc 20:13 PM 16 Feb 11

Try: In "Manage Wireless Networks", click the Add button and set up the connection again manually.

Bane73 20:46 PM 16 Feb 11

thanks i have re-created it but still not connecting

mgmcc 01:53 AM 17 Feb 11

Something else to try. Connect to the router by ethernet cable, go into its settings (by typing its IP address into your web browser) and, in the "wireless" configuration, change the Channel number. The default for most routers is "6" or "11" so try one of these or, if already using one, try the other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know